January 21, 2011 Leave a comment
If you are trying to keep up on issues and initiatives related to Open Data you might want to check out the following:
1. D-Lib Magazine’s January/February 2011 issue. It’s all about data. Topics include the Dataverse Network, the Data Observation Network for Earth (DataONE), Earth System Science Data (ESSD), research data quality, the trustworthiness of data centres, the relationship between publications and data, and metadata for data set citation.
GetTheData is a Q&A site where you can ask your data related questions, including, but not limited to, the following:
- where to find data relating to a particular issue;
- how to query Linked Data sources to get just the data set you require;
- what tools to use to explore a data set in a visual way;
- how to cleanse data or get it into a format you can work with using third party visualisation or analysis tools.
Worth checking out.